Some times I have cried

Why am I writing this when then are so many other things I ought to be doing? Nobody knows. But, here we are.

Some times I have cried (or at least had tears in my eyes):
  • At a London performance of "Starlight Express"
  • While attempting to peel hard-boiled eggs
  • While reading Revelation 21:4-5
  • The time I forgot to put the whipped cream in the pie filling
  • When Teddy said about Ziggy, "He's the cutest baby in the wo-wold!"
  • While on the phone with T-Mobile Customer Service
  • When Jane Eyre says, "Reader, I married him."
  • After getting a negative response to my question about drill batteries from a worker at Home Depot
  • When my Peter Rabbit mug got broken
  • When recounting the story of "The other wise man" to my son in the car
  • When I realized it was already morning and I was still feeding Ziggy in my chair
  • When I was thinking about Nutmeg dying someday
  • When Junie pinched her finger in the car door
  • When some guy helped me figure out how to put air in my tires
  • While the children's choir was singing "What Sweeter Music"
  • When Daisy cut Junie's hair
  • When Sebastian said about ocean zones, quote, "You can't make me care about these EVER."
  • When I tried to play "Lilacs" on the piano after a 2-year hiatus
  • During the last twenty to twenty-five minutes of "Scrooge"
  • When a lady at the library told me not to walk behind the circulation desk
  • While hearing a reading of You are Special by Max Lucado (even though I hate You Are Special by Max Lucado)
  • When Teddy threw his head joyfully back against my nose

6 comments

  1. Yeah . . . me, too . . . or at least I could make a list just like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're pretty normal to me. You're a woman, wife, mother, homemaker, school-teacher, daughter of God, etc. Yep, pretty normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's good to know that I'm not the ONLY one in the world who cries for silly reasons. And some good reasons. :)

      Delete
  3. Hee hee. This was awesome. I want to make my own list now. Hormones, baby--they make for awesome meltdowns at weird times. Also, I have given up reading Christmas stories and now just hand the book to Cowen after the first paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good strategy. I'm sure Cowen would never allow a quaver in his voice! :)

      Delete
  4. And when Hazel’s spirit was leaving his body and running across the fields in Watership Down, and when my sister talked about loving running again, and when my I thought about how cluttered the kitchen cabinet was, and when . . . :). Such a great post and list.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top