Easter this year

It was a different sort of Easter this year. Although wonderful! We didn't dye eggs because it seemed too hard to fit in, with our church's General Conference on Saturday and Sunday. (Conference was just the best! As it always is!) We didn't go to my mom's house like we sometimes do. And the Easter Bunny visited a few days after Easter, so that was surprising...but it all turned out quite nicely, in the end.
I have this cute bunny wreath that I love. (Just wait till you see the bunny wreath I am planning to make…for next year. It will be furry.)

Oh, these girls. They really do not need more dresses. I know that. But then I think to myself, "How many more years will I have three little girls age 4, 6, and 8? How much longer will they love to twirl? How many more years will they love to dress alike?" and then—after dedicating a few minutes to weeping about the relentless and inevitable passing of time—I always just buy the dresses. :)
Daisy with a little turquoise Easter Egg
Goldie with that same Egg.
I told Malachi he looked cute and he just glared at me. But I managed to talk him into a picture anyway, for old times' sake. The older two boys…looked cute too, but they have no time for such nonsense.
The Easter Table. We had salmon tacos this year (with avocados, corn, and cotija cheese), and deviled eggs, and lemon bars. It was so good. (Note Bunny-go-round, still going strong.)
My new bunny plates. I love them! And bunny place card holders too.
It was a lovely day at my very favorite time of year!

4 comments

  1. Oh! Such a lovely table! And such darling children! I do not have such a love for holidays as you do, but I certainly admire your love and effort. What a beautiful legacy for your children!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you make this kind of occasion for your children all the time!

      Delete
  2. Where are the bunny placeholders from?! They are glorious. And Goldie loves so much odd little gifts that I think she would die if I gave her a set of bunny pls whiskers for her future home . . . and to maybe allow us to use here on special occasions.

    And yes, you must buy ALL the dresses. Soon someone will be in women’s clothing sizes and someone in kids’ and someone in toddler and they may never match again. :(

    Oh! Speaking of which . . . I sometimes look at the dresses on the trishscully website. They are more than I usually spend, but I think they have the dresses in sizes that might extend the matching a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunny placeholders are from Crate and Barrel. If you have one nearby, they might be on clearance from Easter?? I love your Goldie more and more. :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top