Christmas and end of December

We had a good Christmas and lots of happy times. Ziggy loved his little bunny house (with 4 bunnies to put in a take out, over and over and over).
Here is Sam caught in a fortunate moment by my mom's Santa mobile
Goldie got a "floppy guy" (actually a pool float). She loved him, and Ziggy was terrified of him for a few weeks. We put the floppy guy at the top of the stairs when we didn't want Ziggy to come downstairs! Fortunately (or unfortunately?), Ziggy got used to him eventually. Although even for the rest of us, it's kind of alarming to walk into a dark bathroom, say, and find a floppy guy looming up in the corner.

She and her dollie also got gold dresses!
We made a "bedtime snack" (cookies and popcorn) at the Ronald McDonald House. The hairnets were particularly popular.
Malachi somehow talked me into letting him have his first (and only) birthday party with friends, since he was turning 11 on Dec 11th (and mostly because he promised to have the party after Christmas and do everything himself: invitations, party games and cleanup). All I had to do was pick up Costco pizza, so as parties go it wasn't too hard. He invited three girls and two boys, and they all seemed to have a great time. I love Malachi's group of friends. He and his friend Natalie have been such GOOD friends for so long, I have been worried what will happen to their friendship as they get older. But so far, so good. They seem to be maintaining their good relationship even through these weird pre-teen years!
Here's Teddy with the Calico Critters van he got for Christmas. Note the arrangement of the animals inside. This is pretty much what we look like in our van, too. :)
"Popcorn popping" is basically the only choice for Family Home Evening songs these days, because Ziggy loves it so much. 
Baby holding a baby holding a baby
New Year's feast: cream cheese wontons, pigs in blankets, Rolo pretzels, vegetable bars, avocado toast, and (a new addition this year) corn nachos. Yum!
And a moment of peace amidst the chaos :)

2 comments

  1. The Calico Critters in the van being what your van looks like made me laugh out loud. (I love Calico Critters by the by. I'm sad that we now have so many that I can't really give them for Christmas presents any more. But they are one of the sets of toys I imagine keeping for grandkids [when I am joyfully imagining getting rid of most EVERYTHING else].)

    And this meal was one of the ones I was thinking of when you were texting me about mayo grilled cheese the other day and I was telling you I want you to bring me leftovers every time you cook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Calico Critters too, though I feel rather doubtful of them lasting long enough for any hypothetical grandkids...certainly not CLOTHED, at any rate...

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top