Why you should not ask an artist's opinion on anything

It all started out innocently enough. I had some birthday money to spend, so I was, naturally, looking at bunny platters. I texted Sam to ask which one he liked better: the rectangle one or the oval one?




He gave his opinion. Then I asked, for the sake of information, whether he thought the fact that there was a standing bunny on the oval platter might give it some edge over the other one? Standing-up bunnies are extra cute, after all, as everyone knows. He replied:

I protested this. Sam didn't back down.



Finally I had to agree Sam had a point. But did he graciously end the discussion? He did not. And from here it all just went downhill:



6 comments

  1. Hahah! This is so great! I'm afraid to admit that I agreed with Sam on all counts. It's a shame really that you wouldn't just let it go with his initial comment about the food. (Oh Marilyn. "brownie crumbs. . . . That's not so bad.") Then he wouldn't have had to point out all the other unfortunate business . . . . (On the other hand. All the imagery now associated with the discussions surrounding the oval platter almost make me think you should get it just so you can not forget . . . unless you'd rather forget.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAhaha. He will be very smug to hear you say it.

      Delete
  2. They are both pretty, but I prefer the rectangle as you can fit more on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is first sensible advice anyone has given me! šŸ˜„

      Delete
  3. What fun that you are best friends and can have such fun conversations. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top