A generous amount of your time

This post is part of the General Conference Odyssey. This week covers the Priesthood Session of the October 1990 Conference.
A good thought for me to read as I contemplate going upstairs to put Ziggy back in bed…again:
[To be a righteous leader of your family,] a generous amount of your time is required. Not a superficial moment here and there…but an honest, generous piece of your day on a continuing basis, even at the sacrifice of things social, things personally entertaining, or even things financially rewarding.

2 comments

  1. And even at the sacrifice of things spiritually uplifting! Ha!

    But it is good for me to recognize the time given to the mundane and tiresome as a part of the sacrifice the Lord is asking me to give right now (as opposed to a distortion in what I should REALLY be doing).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yep! Sometimes I think the sacrifice of those things you know you should be doing (like scripture study) and WANT to do, is the hardest of all!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top