Infuse my spirit with the Spirit

This post is part of the General Conference Odyssey. This week covers the Young Women's Session of the April 1995 Conference.
Good quotes from this session:

Sister Bonnie D. Parkin, on scripture study:
It’s not always easy, and there are things I still don’t understand. But when I look past all that, craving the Lord’s companionship, the scriptures infuse my spirit with the Spirit. They will do the same for you. They will enlighten you, lift you, comfort you, strengthen you. They will envelop you in a warm blanket of heavenly love. How do I know? Because they do that for me. It is Heavenly Father’s promise to us. It is eating at the Lord’s table.
And I love President Hinckley's matter-of-fact refusal to allow any sort of self-pity:
Some of you may feel that you are not as attractive and beautiful and glamorous as you would like to be. Rise above any such feelings, cultivate the light you have within you, and it will shine through as a radiant expression that will be seen by others.

 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top