Breathe peace to our souls

This post is part of the General Conference Odyssey. This week covers the Sunday Afternoon Session of the October 1995 Conference.
I just liked this quote from President James E. Faust this week. It was actually from Elder Wirthlin's talk "Windows of Light and Truth" (which was good in its own right) but this quote is great:
“The Spirit of the Holy Ghost is the greatest guarantor of inward peace in our unstable world. … It will calm nerves; it will breathe peace to our souls. … It can enhance our natural senses so that we can see more clearly, hear more keenly, and remember what we should remember. It is a way of maximizing our happiness.”

2 comments

  1. I love that line. “Breathe a to our souls.” It seems like that’s always how it is when I initially panic about a new problem or an issue in the world or an unexpected situation. I start with this anxious fretting, and then, slowly, pace just breathes back into me. What a lovely gift we have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great quote! Saving it to share with my classes.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top