Albion Basin Wildflowers

The children and I did this hike a couple times last year and it was one of the best things ever, so we were all really excited to get up to the canyon again. The wildflowers are so stunning! We are always talking about how lucky we are to live near these canyons. I will never get tired of them. I don't know if the Albion Basin is world-famous for wildflowers, but it should be!
The wildflowers are just packed into every little space between the rocks. It's almost indecent how profuse they are! :)
Marigold was quite pleased with her perch on my back. She certainly saw more of everything than she did last year!

Daisy consults her wildflower guide (she got this for Christmas and loves it)
If you look up close at this hillside, you can see it's just covered with flowers.
Little girls catching up to us after a rock-climbing detour
I took a picture of Malachi sitting on this same rock last year. (Hey, Junie was wearing the same shirt!)
We were very happy to see some of our favorite flower--elephant's head!
The views above Lake Catherine were beautiful, of course.
Goldie quite enjoyed them!
Junie seems to have gotten progressively more and more disheveled. Could it have something to do with the time I heard her say, "This is what a snake would look like!" and turned around to find her on her stomach, wriggling up the trail behind me? Perhaps.
I love these different shades of paintbrush
Ducklings going up a hill
After finishing our hike, we stopped for a picnic a little way down the mountain. There were storm clouds passing over, which made the temperature so pleasant---and the light really beautiful!
What a beautiful day!

1 comment

  1. I'm only a little miffed you didn't invite us. I'll probably get over it. Sniff, sniff.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top