People and things I thought were worth taking pictures of

Some miscellaneous pictures, with no particular theme…except the theme of people being cute.
Bright eyes
Fish face

Daisy at the Activity Day Girls' "Richard Simmons Exercise Day" (not that she knows anything about the 80's, or Richard Simmons, but she was SO excited about it anyway)
Abe is a super driver
Teddy with his "bags on his feet" at the Cedar City Temple Open House. Or "Sitter Seedy Temple," as Goldie and Teddy kept calling it.
And the most exciting part of that temple trip—the shuttle bus!
Walking to church
Teddy being mad about his bunny coat, for some reason. He loves bunnies, which is why I'm not sure what his problem was here!
Sam drew this Auto Transport, transporting bunnies of course, for Teddy during church.
That led to Sebby drawing this dump truck dumping out bunnies…
And this garbage truck dumping out bunnies. 
I came back to check on Ziggy after he was napping and found him LIKE THIS! Having wiggled out of the neck of his suit. I don't know how he did it!?!
Piano duet with bunny
THIS is what Abe wore to his piano recital! Sunglasses and all. I must admit he pulled it all off with great panache (or is 'aplomb' the word I want?). He whipped out the sunglasses and put them on right before the blues piece he played. Smooth! If only he could have brought Nutmeg to the recital as well…

6 comments

  1. Such fun pictures that tell stories of love and joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos remind me of what I learned during our years of hands-on raising children: No matter how hard the mundane, day to day, seeming futility of it all, the joy of posterity transcends it all. Won't it be wonderful when we have a fullness of joy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! It’s happening! Your Abe. The crazy thing that happens between 14 and 16 where they switch from boy to looking like a full grown man suddenly!

    And walking to church is the greatest. Our building is do so close that even in rain and snow, it seems more effort to load the car and shuffle through the parking lot than to just walk. Only in thee most extreme weather are we forced to drive. It’s funny really. We load the car a million times a day, but on Sunday it feels like simply too too much effort.

    And the bunnies!! Hahaha! Oh those were great. And slightly disturbing? And also great.

    And what else. Oh yes! The shuttle. I remember taking our kids to some event a few years ago that required riding a shuttle. Afterwards it occurred to me that we probably could have called it quits after the ride as they thought that was the highlight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The church pictures were awesome. We are not artsy people, so the treasured scraps of paper I have from Sacrament meetings are all notes my dad wrote to us in Shakespearean verse (or Shakespearean-esque). Such good times. Here's one of my favorites from my dad to my sister Kami: "It is my responsibility as patriarch over this litter of mongrels to direct thy barking that it might bring joy to thy soul and money to my silken purse. Fight not against my authority or thou mightest be lashed unmercifully with Mongolian noodles and slimy seaweed. Now let me draw this epistle to a close by calling you to repentance--rebel not--smoke not noxious weeds--inject not peanut butter into your veins--Amen again." Ha. He also spent a lot of time at church designing his ideal gentleman's farm. Here's another one, just because you made me think of them so I had to go look up the collection I put together after gathering all the scraps of paper everyone had saved! This particular note was an email, it wasn't in church, but it is typical dad.
    "It is with enthusiastic entrails that I etch this erstwhile explicative epistolic email of epic, expansive & euphoric proportions. Have a nice day." I hope you saved the bunny pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top