Sky

Hooray! I've collected enough sky pictures now to make up another too-long, too-repetitive post full of them! It's just that each one of them is so different and so good. Will all these sunsets look the same to me in a few years? Maybe. But right now I can remember each of them, and the way the light fell and changed on the houses and the tops of the mountains as the sun got lower. I can't ever get tired of it.
We had some really stormy nights. Sometimes the clouds just looked big and billowing and then passed by. Other times they blew in preceded by huge gusts of wind that sent us running for cover. The sky was amazing either way.
Seb is usually out there taking pictures before I am. We have an agreement to text each other whenever the sky is prettiest, so neither of us will miss it. :)
One night we had the most ferocious lightning storm I have ever seen. The thunder was constant—ominous rumbling that came nonstop for a whole hour. The rain poured down for five or ten minutes and then subsided, but we watched the lightning rage across the valley for a long time afterward. The next day we read about bad flooding in Draper, so I guess they took the brunt of the storm over there. If it weren't for all the damage it caused, I would wish for a storm like this every week! It was SO cool!
Crazy lightning! Just crazy!
Some of the storm damage in Draper. The water carved out big holes on both sides of this road!
Elephant cloud! See it?
After all those storms, there ought to be at least one rainbow! 
This was just a little rainbow slice. Still pretty!
This looks like a portal you could go to heaven through
I love the slanted sun coming along the cloud-path to illuminate just that one spot.
Too much beauty to take in with your whole eyes, let alone in the confining frame of one picture! How can anyone doubt there is a loving Creator, when He made all of this beauty for us?
Awe-inspiring. I love this earth and I love the sky!!

1 comment

  1. I'm not sure how long this will be true, but I like that at least for now, each of these sunset pictures brings a memory of going outside on a particular night.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top