In the spotlight

Hey!  Here's one of Sam's book covers finally out!

I would like to draw your attention to the words "The Secret Life of".  Do you recognize that handwriting?  That's right, it's Marilynhand.  (I think he modified the "S" a bit, though; it doesn't look quite right.)  Still, doesn't the font convey just the right amount of playful casualness while still being neat and readable?  The cover, honestly, wouldn't be the same without it.  I haven't seen my share of the royalties yet, though.  Sam?

6 comments

  1. Umm...you're one of those people that dots their 'i's with stars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no, no, no! That's a sticker stuck on the classroom door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Sam - what about this? Well. Actually, people don't get paid royalties for covers. But they do get paid. And I think you should get a royalty on his use of your font, thank you very much. And I thought he was so professional . . . (I can too use it this way)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The S and the star over the I make it 30% different! Er, it's a commentary on yor font, for educational purposes. Fair use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed that I know a guy who designed a book cover. Sam, you have raised my coolness factor significantly. My children thank you because before I knew about this I was too dorky to be claimed in the carpool pickup line

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet cover. (Sweet as in "cool" or "rad", not "delicious" or "cute".) So, is it a good book?

    How cool that you got to be a part of the cover too! I love make your own font. I have a couple in my fonts. I should dot my i's with stars.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top