Important Bulletin

You should know (as I just found out) that today is National Chocolate Day.

When I think of chocolate, this is what I think of.  This cake.  Sebby Cake, to be precise.  [It is called Sebby Cake (stop me if you've heard this before) because the first time I ever tasted it, I promptly went into labor with Sebastian.  Meaning, perhaps, that he couldn't wait to get out and be part of a world that included this cake.  And who can blame him?  We took it to the hospital with us, where it made a very nice post-labor meal.]  Have I really not posted this recipe before?  It's one of our very favorites.  Easy, and delicious.  Please try it.  For me?  For National Chocolate Day?  You'll not be sorry.


Chocolate Sebby Cake

1 Devil’s food cake mix
1 small package chocolate pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 c. sour cream (or, I use plain yogurt)
½ c. warm water
½ c. canola oil
1 to 1 ½ c. semisweet chocolate chips (mini chips work well, but regular are fine)

Mix all ingredients. Pour into sprayed bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes. After 10 minutes turn out of pan and drizzle immediately with frosting.

Frosting:
1 1/3 c. chocolate chips
2/3 c. evaporated milk

Combine chocolate chips with about 1/4 c. milk in glass bowl; microwave on high for 1 min.; stir till smooth. Then add rest of milk to reach desired consistency.

Lemon variation: Use lemon cake and lemon instant pudding. ½ c. poppyseeds instead of chocolate chips. Drizzle with glaze made from lemon juice and powdered sugar.

5 comments

  1. Have i ever told you you should be ashamed of yourself? EVER? Yeah. well. And here's a typo for you (I hate it when G finds mine, which he always does - he is tuned to them): 11/3 c choc chips. That's a really, really lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased to know you dabble in cake mix recipes. That just makes you more human--thank you. It looks scrumptious!

    WV: tasta--how appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, so THAT's Sebby cake. If I don't have this baby over the weekend I'm making it next week. It better work too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. why oh why did I read this? All those mouth-watering pictures...and four eggs! Yikes!
    Here I am, giving myself away as an "old person," but I can't eat things with eggs anymore! Does it soften my ancientness if I don't tell you why? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top