Catching up and clearing out

We STILL haven't taken the Christmas stuff down. Part of it was a conscious choice because I wanted it to feel Christmas-y for the whole "12 days" till Epiphany, but after that it was just because we…didn't get to it! But if I can't clear out the decorations yet, I can at least clear out my photo folders a bit.
On New Year's Eve, Abe was in Florida with my mom, and to celebrate cheer ourselves up from being bereft of him, we went out to eat at a Japanese tepanyaki place. I hardly ever take pictures at restaurants because the lighting is always bad and I always feel like it's rude to have the phone out, but the kids were so enthralled and delighted with our cook and all his rehearsed antics, I just couldn't help myself. They were so cute. 
Goldie was especially cute, and very serious and dedicated to the food. She ate everything with great enjoyment, even the last bit of rice which we caught her salting…and salting…and salting, so pleased with herself, before we realized what was going on.
Then there's this guy. I do NOT like to see a baby standing up and grinning at me in a smug, self-satisfied way when I come in to see if everyone is napping as they should!
He's so busy, all the time, and we keep forgetting that wires…and phones…and laptops now need to be kept up very high for their own protection! And when you talk to him sternly about how he can't just keep getting everything, he just looks at you airily, like, "oh, this? I do stuff like this all the time. Everyone's fine with it."
Also, he has teeth.
This was my view of the crib after Goldie came running to get me excitedly, saying, "Come look, Mommy! I made Teddy so, so, so COZY!"
Nutmeg likes to sit under the piano and listen to people play. He's a very musical bunny. Must be those big ears, like finely calibrated speakers.
Daisy's picture of Daniel in the Lion's Den
Goldie asked me to put braids in her hair and even though it's not really long enough, I couldn't say no. She looked so cute in them!

2 comments

  1. Your kids are all darling. And those mini braids! Totally in love with those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Theo airily responding as you described! And now I desperately want to go to a tepanyki place.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top