Sledding

It snowed! It finally snowed more than an inch or two…in daylight…on a day that wasn't Sunday! So I canceled school for the morning (because…I can do that) and the kids were SO HAPPY to go out sledding on our hill!
I ventured outside to take some pictures…from the porch. But mostly, I watched from:
this very comfortable spot. It was great.
When I got out the loooong telephoto lens, I could even see people's facial expressions! :)
Junie was apparently very concerned about something here!
Rosy cheeks!
Goldie must have been bundled up well enough—she was getting hot!
The roads weren't plowed yet, so when the kids got down to the bottom of the hill, they just slid right over the curb and into the road. (Don't worry—it's not a busy road!)
Junie made it all the way across the street back to our side!
Ziggy had a hard time walking, but he remained undaunted.
Daisy was so sweet helping him!
He helped her too. :)
"Brrr! I got snow down my neck!"
When Ziggy was cold and ready to come home, Daisy just had to walk him back across the street!
He was happy to be back in the warm house with me and "Sweater Monkey."
When they were done sledding, Marigold and Teddy stayed out playing in our yard ALL DAY.
They kept playing even after the roads were plowed and the sun finally came out! They built a big snow fort with multiple rooms.
Junie helped, and brought Goldie's doll Ferny to come live in the snow fort ("We used our magic on her so she won't be cold.")
So, it was a happy snowy day! And now Spring can come. :)

5 comments

  1. What a fun way to have P.E.! How convenient to have a sledding hill across the street--great choice when you bought your home. Thanks for sharing the joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! It makes me so happy to see them living this idyllic life in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sledding hill right across from your front room windows is just as it should be! We have good hills at a park a block away, but that is still not nearly close enough! And suddenly it occurs to me that if we ever move to Logan ... there’s will be nowhere one could possibly dream of sledding without DRIVING! Which is utterly unthinkable. Oh dear. I’d never considered this until now. It changes everything. ;) Also I’m so proud of the kids that started all day in the snow. Mine tend to call it quits quickly and then want out again and then immediately call it quits again over and over. Lastly, there should always be at least one child in the group in a red (orange??) coat in snow pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! It's good you considered this important point before doing anything permanent! :) But anyway, maybe you would have an ice skating pond? That would be cool.

      And haha, calling it quits over and over whenever you get a bit cold...yes. That's the kind of sledder I am myself.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top