Clementine's blessing day

We had Clementine's baby blessing during church on Oct 31st (Halloween, but it didn't feel like Halloween, everyone having gone trick-or-treating etc. the day before!). She was as sweet and as tiny as anyone could wish, and she wore the same blessing dress (made by my mom) that all three sisters before her wore!

Sam gave her a beautiful priesthood blessing, and I am told by reliable sources that not only did she not cry while the men were blessing her…she looked up at them and SMILED! Abraham, having just received the Melchizedek Priesthood, was able to be in the circle, which I thought was cool. How many big brothers get to help bless their little sisters?
The day wasn't an unmitigated success…
but after a nap (you can't tell, but an hour has elapsed here) she felt much better!
This is who came to be with her on her blessing day. Her whole family, plus my mom, my brother Karl, Karl's children Sarah and Mark, and Mark's wife Maddie. A great crowd!
But she was the star of the show.
I haven't wished to jump to any conclusions about her eye color before waiting a decent interval, but I think we can safely conclude they are NOT BLUE, can't we? It's so fun to see a dark-eyed girl baby! Who could have ever imagined such a thing?!
She grabbed the ribbons of this dress and tried to stuff them into her mouth, as many babies have done before her.
And here she is with her sweet big sister Daisy!
Dear little Lemon! We love her so much! And here, for good measure, is a comparison of ALL FOUR girls on their blessing days! When I sent this picture to my mom she thought it was just Clementine, and said, "I can see features of all the girls in her!" Hee hee.
Further reading: Pictures of blessing days for Daisy, Junie, Goldie. And Teddy, just for completeness' sake, and Gus, but apparently poor Ziggy doesn't have any. Oh! Wait! Ziggy is just tucked in here. Any further back than Daisy is lost to the mists of time, preserved only in paper scrapbooks…if at all!

3 comments

  1. Oh my, she is just delightful. Such beautiful children you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is impossibly delicate and precious!!!! And I loved seeing all the baby girls in the dress! (And so clever of you to even have thought to keep the tradition with the same backdrop!) Did I ever tell you that my mom made our Daisy our first ever blessing dress. Just like your mom made your Daisy your first ever blessing dress? Only then … after she wore it, and Goldie wore it, it was Penny’s turn. But then … a sweet old lady in our ward in WA showed up with a blessing dress SHE made for Penny. Which I hadn’t expected! But what could I do? Not show up with the dress on her? So Pen wore that, and then, in revolt I assume, the dress my mom made went missing afterwards! We moved back to UT and never could find the dress in any boxes or imagine what possibly happened to it. It has been hanging as a decoration in the girls’ room. And we certainly didn’t just leave it on the wall accidentally. But where where did it go? (And, come to think of it, I actually don’t know what became of the dress Penny wore either!) Tragic. But! It is crazy that, even though we accidentally quit naming all of our kids the exact same names (would more have been named the same had we never met, as our first ones were?) both of us had an oldest son named Abe, who was able to stand in the circle to bless our tenth babies, who were girls, right before leaving on missions! What?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh NO! That's so sad the dress got lost! It is so inexplicable when that happens, even if it is part of a move...how do things just disappear?? And, it IS crazy those similarities! Even as I was writing "how many big brothers get to bless their little sisters" I was thinking, "Well...at least ONE other one." Haha. Such a happy thing!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top