Clementine's first year

I was looking back at some of these old "first year" posts as I was making this one. I only started doing it with Junie (much to Daisy's indignation), and then who knows what happened with Gus! I think I probably thought "what am I doing this for?" and stopped. It's not like I don't take any OTHER pictures of the little dears. 

But then there's just something so fun about looking at these babies month-by-month, all lined up together.   So I made another attempt with Clementine, and even though I missed September, October, and November (!) it's still cute to see how much she grew and changed! I think my favorite thing is seeing how babies refuse to sit docilely in one spot by the end of the year. They crawl all about and even stand up! Almost as if they have minds of their own! :)

(And after making this, I felt bad about Gus and went back and hastily found a few monthly pictures of him too. And posted them back-dated in 2021 so we could watch him change from a skinny Gus to a chubby Gus. Because that was some transformation!)

Anyway, here is Clementine in…some of the months of her first year. The little darling.
She has quite a monkey-ish expression in that last picture, and I'm sorry to say it is an accurate reflection of her current monkey-ish soul! She's not at all the placid little bundle she once was. Luckily, we've had plenty of other monkey-children around here and have become accustomed to it!
And here she is on her birthday. Biting her foot.
Looking sad.
And being the sweetest little squishy snookums!

1 comment

  1. Oh I’m forever happy you had this baby girl! And, while in some ways, it seems wild to me that she’s truly been here a year, in other ways I can’t imagine she ever wasn’t! Surely your welcoming her into your home was a lifetime ago?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top