The heavens declare the glory of God

As I think I said elsewhere, May has been amazing! Just the most beautiful stormy, rainy, sunny month. I would happily live in this climate all year round. The mornings and evenings are perfect, in the high 50s or low 60s. It gets warmer as the sun gets higher, and then most afternoons a thunderstorm rolls in, sometimes dropping a bunch of rain, other times just rumbling for a while and passing by. It's like August, but without the oppressive heat. I love it!

Best of all—it makes for the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets from the hill!
This huge storm system was one of the best I've seen since this one years ago.
It was kind of scary, in fact. Look at that scary gaping mouth!
Seb, bless him, has inherited my love of sunsets and sunrises. He often gets the ladder out and climbs up on the roof to watch and take pictures!
Small boy and big sky
Those ghostly under-clouds! Like they're showing through from another dimension or something!
Some nice mammatus developing down at the bottom there
More mammatus
Clementine is super happy because she made off with Gus's garbage truck in all the excitement
Peeking out
Some nice slices of rainbow
Boys who should be in bed
This chubby little cherub!
Sebastian caught these last few amazing lightning pictures on camera. He waited patiently and got some beautiful shots!
This last one with the entwined lightning bolts is my favorite. What a beautiful world we live in!

1 comment

  1. Yes! This weather! Just today I have said to probably three different people (two of those people were probably just mine own children, but still … 😄) how perfect this summer weather has been and how I wish it would stay this way all summer long! We get some nice summery feeling weather in the early part of the day, and then it clouds over and we get rain and lightning if we are lucky. It’s just so perfect I can’t bear for it to stop! In fact my kids were selling soda out front in the hot sun early today and now, as I type, it’s graying over and I just saw the first flash of lightning! Those pictures Seb got out lightning are so great! As are all of these pictures of sky and home!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top