Sunflowers

I really like sunflowers.  But not so much the enormous, stooping, goggle-eyed kind that you see entered in the state fair.  I like these little delicate, petally ones that grow wild everywhere.  They look kind of like daisies, in fact.  And I think I like them partly because they are so prolific and tenacious.  Such brave, wild, cheerful little flowers.  If you like them too, you are in the right place.  My children had fun running wild themselves in this prickly, sparkly, sunshiny field.
These tiny ones are darling, aren't they?  Just babies.

Speaking of tiny . . .

"Up, Mommy!"

I think Seb is funny in this picture.  That flinty gaze.  He looks like a model. 

I like her worried look here

The sky was pretty

5 comments

  1. I love Daisy's little toothy grin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so so lovely! I wish I could go take pictures in that lovely field!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures! How daisy has grown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasppppp.

    I love sunflowers! I wish they are fields of them growing here in my country...

    Anyway, your photos are beautiful! Sunflowers are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of a funny story. In church a couple years ago the speaker was assigned to talk on persistance. She had an object lesson: she had a single sunflower in a vase of water and went on the tell the story of how construction workers had run over this sunflower with their tractors and dropped bricks on it, but the sunflower survived and poked it's head out from under the bricks. She had to pick it and bring it in to show us! I just about couldn't control my silent giggles!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top