Wildflower Hike 2017

Last year when I was waking everyone up to leave for our favorite late-summer hike in Albion Basin, the girls were the only ones I could persuade to get out of bed and go with me. And then this year, they were convinced that going with "just the girls" was our special tradition and it must be done that way again! So, although some of the boys would have been willing, we stuck with "tradition" and had a great girls-only hike! It's probably for the best, because the girls are MUCH more desirous of having their pictures taken with every little flower and every new view than the boys are! And, as we all know, taking those pictures is just what I LIKE to do. 
It was so nice and COOL up here early in the morning! The girls were shivering, but I just loved it.


It was still nice to see the sun peeking out, though!
This is one of our traditional picture-taking rocks
The wildflowers were profuse and spectacular, as always. Maybe even BETTER.
Elephant-head. I caught up with her barely too late to stop Goldie from picking this one. She loves elephants so much!
Goldie, dancing around as usual
We went up to Sunset Peak after Catherine Pass. Such great views up there!
More dancing around
I took practically this same picture last year.
White paintbrush!
Twin scraped knees
We got frozen custard on the way home, which made the morning just about perfect. But I don't feel like I can in good conscience leave you with THAT picture, so…
I'll end with this one. :)

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top