Sundance with Philip's family

Our trip to ride the ski lift at Sundance when Philip and Allison come to visit has become a long-standing tradition! I wasn't sure we'd manage it this year, with Ezekiel being so new and some colder weather than usual. But we did. All the older kids helped watch the younger ones, and Ziggy slept peacefully on me in his sling the whole time! I don't think he even knew we were on top of a mountain. I should have gotten a picture of him so he'd believe me someday! Maybe Philip got one.
There was snow at the top! All the kids picked it up and made their gloves wet and their hands cold, of course. Then we warmed their hands by holding them on the side of the warm building (there is a restaurant there at the top, but we didn't go in).

Such a pretty view from the top! Look how red that mountain below, the back of Squaw Peak, is. We drove up that road a few days later and it was gorgeous!
You can see Deer Creek Reservoir on the far right.
I made Teddy this hat during General Conference. He has been wearing this green piggy one, which is WAY too small for him, everywhere lately, and insisting it is his "green bunny hat." So I had to make him a REAL one of his own! I tried so hard to get the ears to stand up. They even have little strips of cardboard crocheted into little pockets. But they still flop over a bit.

1 comment

  1. Really . . . I think you get "Best Mom Ever!" award.

    Awesome hiking, cute crocheted hat, baby in a sling . . . I hope you can see the marvelous work you're doing and that you sleep peacefully at night confident in your efforts.

    I know those are surface things, but the depth of your joy comes through in these lovely actions. And I feel your joy and depth of testimony in your actions.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top