Crocheted Angry Birds hats

I finished these Angry Birds hats for the kids just in time (or, in barely enough time---Kenneth was laughing at me for bringing my "knitting," as he called it, to the basketball game with me) for Christmas.  I spent much time gazing at image searches, pulling out and re-working eyes and beaks, and trying to make each one look just right.  In accordance with their favorites, Abe is the bomb birdie, Seb is the red birdie, and Malachi is the tiny blue birdie.  Daisy got the yellow bird because she would have been sad if she didn't have one, and Junie got the tiny piggy because I thought, doted on by her brothers as she is, she was safest from actual bombardment.  Let us hope that optimistic assessment proves accurate.

I herewith mark this occasion, as probably the last time I will make something for them which fits within the magic trifecta of being something
a.) they like
b.) their friends also think is cool
and c.) I don't disapprove of.
We will enjoy it while we can!

(with beanbag bird from Kenneth and Sheila)


Patient gaze

Oh, what a sweet baby!

15 comments

  1. Those are amazing, you're so talented! Did you see that the wife of one of Rovio's executives wore an Angry Bird dress?

    http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/06/already-on-everything-else-angry-birds-ported-to-rovio-execs-wifes-dress/

    So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. I thought your title was "crotchety Angry Bird hats" at first. And you may hit a new trifecta as the years roll on - I did it a couple of times - but this one is pretty spectacular. And they look SO very happy, and so bird-headed (except for Juni) and pleased with themselves. And crocheted hats are SO much quicker than quilts -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are absolutely adorable! (the kids and the hats)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have four angry birds (or rather children)--angry that their own mother didn't make these for them for Christmas. I am impressed. Not surprised, since my bunny blanket had prepared me for your crocheting skills, but very impressed nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are absolutely GREAT....do you have the patterns for the hats? I have been looking all over the internet and cant seem to find them. Or could someone tell me what website I could use?
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the best I have seen...can you help me get the pattern for each of those?
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I have lost your email address. Will you please send it to me? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww...those hats are adorable! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. xdrgnflyx: I just made up the patterns, so I don't have them to link to. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there those are great hats I have been trying to find patterns for the angry bird collections. Do you think you could help me out. I want to make hats for my nephews birthdays. Hope to hear back from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you get the pattern? I am trying to find the right pattern to make one for my Nephew for Christmas and can't find a good one. Yours look awesome and the best I have seen. I am looking to make the Yellow Bird.

    ReplyDelete
  12. where can I find the angry bird patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry everyone, these are just patterns I made up as I went along and I don't have very good notes on what I did. At some point I may try to reconstruct a pattern and write it down, and if I do I will post it here!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top