Persuaded of Promises

This post is part of the General Conference Odyssey. This week covers the Saturday Morning Session of the October 2003 Conference.
Sister Anne C. Pingree's talk was named from one of my favorite scriptures (Hebrews11:13): "Seeing the Promises Afar Off."
Faith, the spiritual ability to be persuaded of promises that are seen “afar off” but that may not be attained in this life, is a sure measure of those who truly believe.

It matters not where we live or what our individual circumstances may be. Each day our righteous living can demonstrate a faith in Jesus Christ that sees beyond mortal heartaches, disappointments, and unfulfilled promises. It is a glorious thing to possess a faith that enables us to look forward to that day “when all that was promised the Saints will be given.”

A few years ago when President Nelson asked us to study God's promises to Covenant Israel, I made a list and hung it on my bathroom wall. It's still hanging there, and sometimes I forget to even see it, but every time I start reading it I'm overcome with gratitude. I've found so much hope and comfort in these promises! This talk reminded me that I should revisit them again (and maybe even start looking for more to add to the list)!

2 comments

  1. Whoops! I read all the Primary broadcast talks this week but didn't get a post up yet. I guess I'd better double up and get two sessions done now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I couldn't decide what to do. I read both and then decided to just do the October 2023 morning session. I should have coordinated with you😀

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top