Prayers and things

Do you kneel down with your kids for their prayers at night? My friend was telling me that she often does (although her oldest is now 14) and it surprised me. I did for awhile, I guess, but now I usually just leave them to it. But I still often hear their prayers through the doors. And here are some things I've heard:

"Please bless the missionaries so they can go into the doors and walk around in the world . . ."

"I'm thankful that I got Brownie [his monkey] in heaven a long, long time ago from Heavenly Father before I was born . . . "


[After our Family Home Evening lesson about telling Heavenly Father things you are sorry for in your prayers]
Seb: "And I'm sorry that Abey hit me today . . . "
Abe: [hissing at him] "NO, Sebby, you're not supposed to say things I'M sorry for!!"


And while I'm thinking about it, here are a few other funny things the boys have said lately:

Seb: "I'm going to show Abey this roller coaster." [The roller coaster was himself.] "But don't hold its hand, Mommy. Because . . . it doesn't have a hand."

Abe, to me: "I guess you could just pump some milk for Ky to drink."
Seb: "Yeah, or you could just spray some out your belly-bean for him."

Seb: "What if traffic lights changed their minds instead of their colors?"


Abe: "Mommy, why does that sign say 'Worms for sale?' I can't think of a single reason why you'd want to buy worms."

Seb: [looking at his toenails]: "What are these? Not foot-nails . . . "

Seb: "Wrecking balls don't knock down cars; no, no!"
Me: "That's right, they only knock down buildings."
Abe: "Or sometimes they knock down houses, but they have to ask first."


Seb: [singing] "Monkey doesn't have hair . . . hmm-hmm-mm-hmm . . . he only has a head . . . huh-uh-uh-huh-huh . . ."

7 comments

  1. oh I miss kindergarteners and the things they say... oh i miss them. thanks for sharing your darling boys with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOUR BOYS!! Can we play soon? Your house or mine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let Abraham know that _I_ purchased worms for my worm bin (a special red kind, I guess). My family has also purchased worms for fishing before my grandpa bought this shocker gadget that we'd use in the ground. But, don't worry, we only did that when we couldn't find any in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacob's prayer the other night:
    "Please make me not have to wear a diaper to bed ANY MORE."

    ReplyDelete
  5. And then there was Cam's song:

    I went awaaaaaaaay

    I came baaaaaack -

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top