Pied Beauty (Pageant)

Glory be to God for dappled things! But sorry, you'll have to find the poem elsewhere. (One of my favorites, though---and one of my favorite poets.)

I'm talking about something quite different---the 2009 Pan-American Pie Pageant, to be precise. (Pan-Pacific would have been better, but inaccurate.) In anticipation of National Pie Day (Jan 23rd), we held the aforementioned Pageant last weekend. Everyone dressed up as a pie or a pie ingredient in hopes of being crowned "Mr. Pie." Here are our entrants:

Mr. Raspberry Pie (he made his own costume. Do you like it?)


Mr. Banana Pie. That is one happy monkey.


Mr. Cutie Pie. It's not really fair to the other contestants, is it?


Of course, we celebrated with actual pie as well, for both dinner and dessert. Yum!

2 comments

  1. I wish I was you and could come up with stuff like that. Seriously. Cutie Pie wins but Banana Pie (with monkey) is an extremely close second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Megan, when you post stuff like this I totally wish I was you. And Max probably wishes I was you too. How FUN! I loved all the pied boys. And I want to eat some of your pie now.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top