I am a builder

The boys have been building temples (among other things) with their blocks lately. (The temples often have little "extras" in them---such as carwashes or playgrounds.) They have gotten quite specific in their architecture: for example, here, as you can see, is the Draper Temple:

And here, quite different, is the Oquirrh Mountain Temple:

These blocks were the best Christmas present for the boys! They were the only real toy we gave them (except a couple things in their stockings), but they play with them ALL THE TIME. (Except Malachi, who is usually kept zealously away. Poor, poor Malachi.) Next year, I'm thinking maybe we'll just give them some more shapes to add to the collection.

Also, a few more pretty things: this pink rose

and these calla lilies (the variety is called "flame," I believe).

3 comments

  1. I didn't know such gorgeous lilies existed. Thanks for posting the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm so impressed with the temples! Your boys really are builders. I need to get Max some blocks. I wonder if he'd use them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the temples. They're really great. I loved blocks when I was little, and I loved when my kids would play with them. We have a gigantic box of them in the attic, just waiting for the eventual onslaught of grandkids. What we need is to build on another house to this one, one big enough to hold all the toys - one I can leave a mess and just close the door . . .

    I love the idea of a temple with a car wash -

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top