They're . . . daaancing

Sam and I have been taking a Ballroom Dance class through "Community Ed." the last several months---we just had our final class last week. Sam is a good dancer already (he did Ballroom in high school) so all I really had to do was follow him. At first it was a little bit hard, because Sam couldn't go more than 2 minutes without having a coughing fit, and then he'd start wheezing and not be able to breathe, so he had to keep stopping to rest (and people would look over at me and mouth, "Is he okay?"). But after his cough started getting better, it was really fun. I love dancing! The hardest part was getting a babysitter every Thursday, but we even brought the boys with us a couple times (they just ran around out in the halls, pushing Malachi in the stroller) and it was fine.

It's fun being in a class like this because there are all types. What an odd assortment of humanity: older couples, younger couples, tattooed and non-tattooed, coordinated and non-coordinated, sense of rhythm and non-sense of rhythm. :) We were all sort of clueless and awkward together, but it fostered a strange sense of camaraderie.

Anyway, don't expect me to be breaking out the ostrich feathers and false eyelashes anytime soon, but I think we did improve, and I at least know some basics now. Yay!

3 comments

  1. I love that you guys dance! I can't dance with Seth, and for two very good reasons:
    1. I can't dance.
    2. It's dangerous.
    Seth can dance, all right, but the way he flings me around . . . I honestly fear for myself and those around us. I'm very proud of you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the title of the post from dirty rotten scoundrels? because that is one of my favorite shows. and how come nobody else thinks it's as funny as me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I can always count on you to notice my literary allusions, Beth. Good work. D.R.S. is one of our favorite movies of all time. And YOU introduced me to it. So I owe you.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top