Brothers helping each other

Last year when we played at playgrounds, Malachi was pretty happy to just sit in the stroller or sit by me in the grass while the other boys did more adventurous things. Sometimes I could even sit and read while the three of them played. But, this year that's obviously not going to work. Malachi wants to move on to bigger and better things, and he is convinced that he's quite capable of doing anything his brothers can do.

I was pleasantly surprised, though, to see how ready the older brothers are to help the younger ones with things that are hard for them. In fact Seb quite willingly showed Malachi several places I would rather Ky NOT have tried to climb ("Come up here, Mal-chi! Climb up that ladder!"). It makes for a bit more nerve-wracking playground time (I cannot take my eyes off of Ky for a second), but it's so cute to see the three of them following each other around and trying to do all the same things!


Abe giving detailed instructions on where to climb next: "Okay, Sebby, move your other foot on top of that rope. Now grab this one with your arm." etc.




Ky climbing---not afraid (I had to keep stopping him from trying to go up ladders and such, which he really is not capable of doing yet.)

Seb demonstrates the binoculars

Tiptoes (I love baby tiptoes)

Brothers peering at each other



At last, Ky found something he could do over and over again without me coming over to pull him down and say, "Too high for babies!" And Sebby was happy to help out.

3 comments

  1. So, so sweet! I'll have to pick a day and drive up and visit the park with you.

    Ha, my word verification is chels. How cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big your boys are getting. How's the pregnancy going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots. YOu caught the unconscious joy. And the boy energy. Oh, my gosh, I do not envy you this bunch of adventure guys. You need three sets of eyes at one time. They are so dang cute, and so dang everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top