Green

For our anniversary this year, Sam arranged with my Mom to take care of the boys (all three boys!) for a few days while we drove to see the redwoods in California. It was SUCH a great trip. I love trips with the boys, really, but it was amazing all the things you can do without kids: have long conversations, eat dinner at 9 p.m., stop driving when you feel like it, NOT stop driving when you feel like it, go hiking without carrying anyone, eat without having to feed someone else's bottomless mouth, and did I mention long conversations?

We didn't really have anything planned---we just drove, talked, listened to music, and stopped whenever we felt the urge. The redwoods were amazing (Sam was in HEAVEN---you know how he is with natural/geological phenomena. And so artistically inspired! He couldn't wait to draw it all. Here is one of his drawings) and we hiked for hours enjoying the trees and the quiet and the greenness. (I am always struck by how green everything is when you get out of the desert. I love it.) Northern California is beautiful!



Forget-me-nots. I love them---that color of blue is so unusual! (I'm also partial to them because I wore forget-me-nots in my hair at our wedding reception.)

Big, big trees. Unbelieveable, really. Sam and I kept talking about how our minds couldn't even really process just how BIG they were.

Some of the groves had "Cathedral" in the name, and it does seem like that. All those vertical lines, pointing your gaze toward heaven. You can't help but think about God's power.

2 comments

  1. A-mazing! Thanks for posting all the pictures. I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the redwoods! We went around the 4th last year, and stayed in a nearby campground that even had some fireworks. The forget-me-nots are beautiful. And, what a great seal sighting! I'm glad you got to spend some time alone before the baby comes. Did Sam completely surprise you with this? How fun! And, hermit crabs are so great; we took Rob's kids to the beach and found some, and they just had a great time picking them up, especially Madison. Next time you come, we'll have to take the boys there.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top