Memorial Day 2009*

(*Warning: this post probably contains too many pictures)

We had a fun time up in the canyon on Memorial Day.

Malachi was a tiny man. (See his rugged camping shirt?) (I think he looks like my brother Philip in this picture; I'm not quite sure why.)



He thought the campfire smoke was really funny, for some reason. I thought he would complain when it got in his eyes, but instead he laughed.






Ky kept himself very busy gathering up every rock in the vicinity and presenting it to me or Sam with great fanfare: "OCK!" (Not to be confused with "guck" [truck] or "kock" [clock])



He also thought he could hike uphill and downhill and anywhere he pleased (anywhere his brothers went), and he did pretty well, for the most part. He wasn't too bothered by his falls, anyway. I think he liked being able to go off on his own like a big person.

He thought this muddy hill (above) was a slide, and kept trying to inch himself down it on his bottom. (Didn't work---not quite muddy enough)



I don't have as many pictures of Abe and Seb because they were off in the woods exploring (and playing The Gunnywolf, they told me) most of the time. They loved going off on their own and climbing things and collecting things and so forth (not unlike Ky, come to think of it).

They did find time to bring me several dandelion bouquets, though. Our sweet boys. We love them.

2 comments

  1. I love your boys too. They're adorable. And there can never be enough pictures for me, so too many is quite impossible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does look a little like Philip there--mainly because I think the two of you look the most alike of the siblings, and I think Malachi looks like you. Looks like a fun Memorial Day! Which canyon is closest to you these days? I assume it isn't Provo canyon. I love that there are so many to choose from in that area.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top