Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter chips


In April I feel grateful for good weather.  In May, I start to feel entitled to it.  (I know this is wrong.)  I suppose that means that days like today:

are only what I deserve.  Point taken!

At least snowy days are good days to make cookies.  Perhaps you would like to try these.  Chocolate and peanut butter, nothing revolutionary, but on a day like this, just exactly the type of warm thing one likes to have in one's tum.


Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter chips


2 c. flour (11.5 oz)
3/4 c. baking cocoa (I use 1/4 c. carob; 1/2 c. cocoa)
1 t. baking soda
½ t. salt
1 1/2 c. butter or marg.
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 c. Peanut-butter chips (or other kind of chips, if desired; white chocolate looks nice, and adding chocolate chips makes a yummy double-chocolate cookie)


Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.  Cream butter and sugar; add eggs and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients and stir till combined.  Stir in peanut butter chips.  Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350, 8-9 minutes (don’t overbake)

3 comments

  1. Oh Marilyn, these look heavenly. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No mercy. Even on a snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready to drive up at the drop of a hat. Especially if those cookies are still around. When's good for you?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top