Fields of purple

(and more flowers across the street---click to enlarge)

Near our house there's a park where they planted crocus bulbs and grass seed in the same spaces. I love it, because the flower buds come up before the grass really gets going, and make whole fields of purple and white. By the time the grass turns green and needs mowing, the blooms are gone, and they can mow the leaves down with everything else so it just looks like regular grass again. It's so pretty! (I'm trying to figure out if there's a place we can do this in our yard!)

Anyway, we've had a great time playing outside the last few days and enjoying it all. The boys were very interested in, but careful with, the crocus (crocuses? croci? dang, it's hard to start a speech with this crowd!)---they have been learning for several weeks not to hurt the "tender little baby flowers" coming up in our yard---and in fact, they seemed to be actually "tiptoeing" through them at times. Isn't that what one is supposed to do through tulips? :)

A rolling lesson--conducted by Professor Abraham


Abe on his head


Ky sees a bird (he LOVES birds)


4 comments

  1. good job raising gentle kids. We're going to need 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo. One of my favorite things about London/England: naturalized crocus and daffodil lawns/parks. I didn't know that anyone did that here. So, is the tulip festival going to be on when I come for conference? I miss spring bulbs (too warm for them here).

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH!! How I love your little flower field! I want one rather desperately. I want to lie down in it, and wear shorts like little Malachi is. It sounds so nice.
    And I love the far side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I've never seen that before. It's soooo pretty.
    For Beth: numbul. It's kind of like numskull.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top