Bleak


(This looks like somewhere in China to me.  Not that I've ever been there, so what do I know?)

The tomatoes in our garden are dead.  The zucchini is dead.  The basil is black, black, black, and dead.  I can't stop thinking about them.  Why didn't I get over there and pick them one last time before they froze?  Why didn't I gather up a bunch of herbs to freeze for pesto or in ice cube trays?  I meant to find out about how to do that, and then I meant to do it.  It just all happened so fast! 

I guess it's a good thing we're not actually depending on any of those crops for our sustenance, or our livelihood.  Let that be a lesson to me not to procrastinate the day of my repentance.

On a happier note, it turns out the leaves in the canyon are lovely even in the snow.






1 comment

  1. I know why you procrastinated . . . new baby! You were taking care of your adorable little girl (and three boys!) -- a noble task, to be sure. I've forgotten how time-consuming newborns can be, so I can empathize. You're doing a fabulous job! (I love the pictures, too).

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top