Leaves, more of them

Would you like some more leaf pictures?  Here they are.  From a few different days.  Some of the colors are so bright, they don't even look real.  So beautiful!

We've done a lot of driving this Fall, but there are still so many places I'd like to see!  And it's just about too late now.  I told Sam next year he'll have to take a couple weeks off work so we can devote our whole time to seeing the leaves. :) 

(Going on drives is one thing I really love. [If Daisy falls asleep instead of screaming, that is.]  The boys are generally good in the car, and even if not, they're contained---so we can listen to music, and Sam and I can talk.  And we can do it even if the weather is cold.  And we can eat muffins or cookies while we do it.  Yay!)






(Weird clouds?)






2 comments

  1. You dare eat muffins in your car? You either have a much better hand vacuum than I do or your car is very crumbly. Either way, I think you're brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, me, too - me too - I can't get my eyes full enough of those oranges and reds. I sobbed my eyes out silently one year when all I wanted to do was see the leaves up Alpine loop, but my mother-in-law overrode that with one diffident, "I'm too tired, let's go home." We were so close, and it was the one thing I wanted in all the world. This year, we got up there when it was really pretty, but we missed the peak because of the rain. Driving is good, Mar- but getting a little ways into the back country on horseback is AMAZING> thank you so much for the pictures. I always feel like, if I stare long enough at the leaves or even at the pictures of them, I will remember the smell of the mountains, and that fresh wildness in my bones forever.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top