Abe at 7

This is the boy I had back when I still tried to stop my babies from playing with plastic bags.  We spent all day, every day, together, just the two of us, for nearly three years.
  • He's the boy who called bananas "goola-goos" and smoothies "foodies." 
  • He's the boy who bit his white bear's nose until it was flat and grey and soggy. 
  • He's the boy who decided orange traffic cones were "sharp cookies." 
  • He's the boy who loves sweeper trucks, purple, leek soup, bears, carwashes, and volcanoes. 

  • He's the boy who used to carry Daddy's empty deodorant stick everywhere. 
  • He's the boy who still says "zaw" for saw and "zootcase" for suitcase. 
  • He's the boy who called hang gliders "cashews."
  • He's the boy who called letter magnets "letter-day saints."
  • He's the boy who called Allen's grocery store "Mount St. Allens"
  • He's the boy who called my ponytail a "taily-po"
  • He's the boy who said, when asked what his favorite thing to drink was, "Um . . . NOT wine . . . "
  • He's the boy who said, when he saw the bus coming, "Oh, the 801, our good good friend!"
  • He's the boy who said, as I flapped my hand to make a fly go away, "Oooh, good waving, Mommy!"
  • He's the boy who said, when I asked if he got his sheets back on his bed, "I did . . . with the help of 5 circus tigers!"
  • He's the boy who calls mixing the orange juice "whacking it up."
He's smart and funny and responsible and cute.  His teacher told us that whenever one of the other students in his class is having trouble with something, he quietly tries to help.  He's the same way with Daisy---he'll hold her and sing to her and try to make her happy when he hears her crying.
 
He's the boy who once ran into the room and yelled "I love everything!"  And he does.  I went with his class on a field trip the other day and he just enjoyed it all so much.  The other kids were a little bored with some of the things, unimpressed, but Abe loved it all---including the (not-very-funny) Singing Chicken Show.  Here he is motioning me over: "Isn't this FUNNY, Mommy?" 
 

He loves school, and he loves everyone in it. I worry about when he will realize that not everyone likes him as much as he likes them. I worry about people hurting his tender little feelings. But I guess he'll survive it, as we all do.


 
He's growing up into such a great kid.  We love him so much!
 

3 comments

  1. I have a crush on all three of your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, we give our children plastic bags to play with when we're done with them. What used to be garbage makes such effective toys now!

    It does make me feel a little sad to think of what the world will probably do to sweet Abe. Hopefully he'll be completely obvlivious to it all anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great kid! I so wish Max could hang out with your boys. It would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top