Care Package

You know how for the last several years the church has allowed missionaries to communicate with their families through email? Well, I wish there was email to/from heaven. It seems like a good idea. Not the same as seeing someone, of course, but you could still communicate if necessary. (Also, email seems sort of magical in the way you'd want something from heaven to be.)

If I had email to heaven, I'd write my Dad to tell him that Abe keeps referring to Dad's funeral as "Grandpa's concert." I think Dad would like that.

And also it would be nice if there were a way for my mom to send him the rest of the Hershey's kisses they had been rationing out carefully to make them last longer. ("Now I wish I had just let him have at the whole package!" she told me.)

6 comments

  1. I think he probably knows, but it would still be fun to tell him directly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really liked your posts, Marilyn! In fact, you word things so perfectly that I don't feel I can add anything worthwhile or clever (that's why I haven't commented lately).

    I think emails to heaven are a great idea! If only divine lines of communication were so simple . . . (sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh! Somehow my thoughtful comment just got deleted. Now I'm just mad and don't want to attempt eloquence again. But rest assured it was a MASTERPIECE!
    Ooh! My word verification is chili!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish it, too. I have some questions I'd like to discuss with somebody. And, oh, your mom - that hurts my heart. I wonder, I wonder how many things we're saving for later?

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was little I used to ask Jesus to tell my grandpa stuff for me when I prayed. I'm pretty sure he obliged. The other day Sophie asked me what your new daddy looked like--the idea that your dad is currently not available for hugging really bothers her. I wish I had some condolences for your mom . . . and Beth, you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we could email too. I totally agree that email is just the magical way of communicating that should work for something like that. Hard to know they're all there but we can't tell them anything really.
    Grandpa's concert. That's really cool.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top