Woohoo, Two!

Daisy has seemed astoundingly grown-up ever since Junie was born, so I didn't experience the disbelief I sometimes feel on birthdays.  She is a talkative and capable two-year-old who keeps up admirably with her older brothers.  She still calls me "Mimi" (I love it!) and she loves babies, bunnies, monkeys, Daddy, doggies, and froggies.  If you were to hear her describing those things it would sound like: Beebee, mummy, mumpy, daddy, doddy, and fff-doddy (she gets that "f" sound with prompting but then finishes off with her preferred "doddy").  Her pronunciation is slowly improving, thank goodness, because she chatters at us constantly, so confidently and so expectantly that we often feel like we must be the ones speaking the wrong language!

Both her grandmas gave her stuffed doggies, as it happened---she loves them both (one is "baby doggy," and one is "doggy purse," into which she carefully zips and unzips her chapstick)

This is quite a characteristic expression (like she's trying to hide a smile)

As is this---reaching and asking for something plaintively (here she wants her blanket, which she refuses to call anything but "na")

She has always had such bright eyes!  They still look quite blue---but not, I think, as blue as they used to

I love how rosy she gets when she is hot; it makes her look like a little cherub (or "Arab" as I called them when I was little)

We love this smart, sweet little two-year-old!  Happy birthday, Daisy dear!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top