Beach

Saturday we went to the beach (and listened to the BYU game on the radio). It was unseasonably warm, even for California, so we actually played in the water without freezing to death. We had a great time there. Philip and Allison had borrowed some boogie boards, so we had fun on those (Abey dragged his around by its string and pretended it was the Pirate ride at Disneyland [which we had gone on 5 times the day before--it was our favorite]). We also had a very sandy picnic (how does one keep one's food from becoming covered with sand? We found it impossible---not that that stopped us from eating it).




If you would like to see Seb's sandy face, click to enlarge.
Here is Philip looking pleased with himself after saving Ky's life (Ky was starting to eat a sand-covered grape, and everyone else just stood around heartlessly and laughed at him. Luckily Philip leaped to his rescue.)

Ky was very interested in the sand. He learned not to eat it after a while. Sort of.


It was a long, perfect day. We loved it!!

2 comments

  1. Ah the beach! Love it!
    And I've never figured out how to keep the food sand-less. Maybe I'll get it figured out next summer.
    I love how sand is coming out of Ky's nose.
    I always find it stuck in Max's hair weeks later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing a picture of Phillip reminded me of how I had a dreamy crush on him in high school. And then when I went to pick up the football tickets (best seats we've ever had!) your dad handed them to me and I said, "Thanks." and he said, "You're welcome." and it reminded me of how I would call you in high school, hoping your dad or one of your brothers would answer so I could hear their deep voices. Wow, I'm still as lame as I was when I was 15!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top