California Trip

Well, we are back from our trip to California. This wasn't one of those times where I could say to myself, "Ah, but we were ready to go home." I wanted to stay longer!! Everyone did. Abey kept saying as we prepared to leave, "Mommy, I'm starting to feel really sad!" But, here we are, and we are resigning ourselves to the cold dark winter now. Maybe I'll make some cookies today to cheer us up?

[*No, we didn't buy the dang Mickey hats. We just took a picture of them. What do you think we are, made of money?]

Actually, this was a wildly successful trip in that it was SO cheap. To wit:
1. 3 tanks of gas. Total. The entire time. (Yes! I love having a hybrid!)--$100
2. Disneyland--free
3. Staying at Philip and Allison's house--free
4. Food--yogurt and granola, turkey and gouda, cream cheese brownies, etc. No more than normal grocery money--or provided by Philip and Allison--[thank you!]--so basically, free (and eaten in such exotic locales as this lovely parking garage).
5. Beach--$4 (for parking)
5. Tickets to "Wicked"--not free--but really fun


And also, did you see this picture? I mean, really. Did you see it? I think Ky must have eaten a whole bucketful of sand. I just didn't know how to prevent it. So eventually, I stopped trying. And there you have it; the key to a relaxing day on the beach with children: Negligance. (That's right. Perhaps I should write a parenting book instructing others on my methods? What do you think?)

5 comments

  1. I love Disneyland!! So love it!! As for your parenting technique--one of my favorite parenting books is called "Confessions of a Slacker Mom." She, too, would let her kid eat sand. As would I. It's inevitable anyway, plus it's fiber. Good for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me super jealous. Sounds like such a fun, fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sarcasm! It's my favorite form of humor! Clever use of it, girl! (I mean that in a you-clever-girl way, not a you-go-girl way) I wish I could have driven to California so I could eat in a parking garage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you would have a little chat with my husband. He thinks Disneyland should cost hundreds of dollars and we should eat at all the restaurants and we should stay in the Disneyland hotel because wouldn't that be special for the kids, and therefore, we never go.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top