Find your inner X-chromosome

Before. Sad. :(

Well, this post is from about four months ago, but I got tired of waiting for the final "after" pictures . . . Sam . . . so I'll put it up now.

So, it was the weekend for letter X (we were nearly through the
alphabet again) and it was my turn to choose what we did: "Find your inner X-chromosome." Sam kept referring to it as "Unleash your inner X-chromosome," which seemed like it might be going a little too far . . . but . . . anyway, we did our "unleashing" by shopping, decorating, going out for Japanese food, making brownies, and watching a "chick flick" (well . . . that was the idea . . . except it ended up being "Chuck" on Hulu). I threatened to paint Sam's toenails for him but somehow that part never materialized.

The beneficiary of this shopping and decorating spree? Sam's office, which was abysmal. (I mean, it wasn't overrun with Star Wars figurines and comic books; it had that going for it. But other than that, nothing.) He spends enough time at work that I felt it ought to be at least a BIT nicer. And he's an artist, right? He needs a creativity-fostering environment and all of that. I hated thinking of him holed up in there like some kind of techno-mole. We didn't do much, but it's amazing what lamps, a plant, a couple organizers, and some bright cushions (thank you IKEA) will do to cheer up a place. I think he'll be happier working in there now (anyway, I would be).

After. Much better!


He's added a few more finishing touches since---hooks and a mirror and such. (Not, however, the cocoa mugs I suggested, unfortunately. "Just think, you could sit in those chairs and talk with someone and drink Red Bush Tea, just like Mma Ramotswe in the books!" I said. But he said he didn't see it happening. I'm going to do it next time I go to visit, though.)

4 comments

  1. Wow. That's a nice office. It doesn't really compare to Joels, though. He shares a hole with another engineer. I don't even think they have Windows XP and their desks are those old steel 1950's beauties.
    They're very advanced. Within the last two years of Joel being there they've upgraded from overhead projector slides to computer-y ones done on powerpoint.
    Isn't it amazing what the state uses technology for these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, nice office. If you put cocoa mugs in there you could hide from your children, enjoy a yummy beverage and spend time with your hubby all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I want to do that alphabet game. That will actually get us to do different things! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's got WINDOWS!!! YEAH! I taught in a room once that had NO WINDOWS. None of the classrooms at Brighton had windows because the hall ran around the outside of the school. DE-pressing.

    I wish I'd get spurts of X more often - instead of plowing ahead, doing a little dancing . . .

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top