Lucky us

We have the best babysitter. The boys absolutely adore her. Last night while we were out, they did the following:
  • Played Battleship
  • Went on a walk
  • Played with balls in the backyard, losing a few over the fence (hence the walk)
  • Made a cake
  • Made a milkshake
  • Roasted marshmallows on the stove
  • Read stories
  • Cleaned up the kitchen and washed the dishes (actually she had Abe wash them---good for her)
(This represents more fun than the boys usually have in about a week, I think.) AND everyone was happy and ready for bed when we got home. Wonderful.

6 comments

  1. Will your babysitter drive to Provo? I'll pay her for the commute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then, after putting the kids to bed, did she go to sleep in a rocking chair and plug herself into the wall to recharge herself? (I think this is an old LDS movie that I saw when I was a kid. The granmother is a robot who recharges herself at night. I think she's a nestran.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about Vegas? Would she commute to Vegas? I need to go on a date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You sure she isn't dipping into the cooking sherry?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth--I TOTALLY remember that movie and it was creepy. But if the kids are happy and asleep . . . who cares? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How old is this wonder-gal? Also, I personally have never roasted m-mallows over a burner. Is this a safe activity to do with the sitter? It seems like every time I turn on the burner at my house the smoke alarm comes on soon after, so I don't know if I could risk it...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top