Dear Sir or Madam:

Yes, I have reached your website, whether inadvertently or on purpose. But this does not give you license to subject me to your music. I do not want to listen to your playlist. I do not like your music. No, not even your favorite super-hip indie band (which I am too uncool to have heard of, sorry). No, not even your beloved breathy-voiced inspirational singer.

Do you imagine that I am grooving along to your sweet tunes? You are mistaken. I turn my speakers off just to avoid your music. When caught off-guard by it anyway, I become resentful and often close my browser immediately. (I sometimes accompany this action with a muttered epithet.)

When did opening a new website become an action fraught with (musical) peril? All I want is a little peace and quiet.
Thank you.


Your uncool, ungroovin' friend,
Marilyn

4 comments

  1. Next post's topic: what an epithet is, for our uneducated, simple friends. Not me, but other friends of yours...who may not know the meaning of such a juvenile, mainstream not-even-honors-English-kind-of-word.
    So, does this mean you don't even listen to all my Miley Cyrus tunes when you go to my blog? Because she's singin' about caphinew stuff, man.
    Jeez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marilyn

    I saw your older boys playing outside at your mom's a few days ago. They are soooo grown up! No sign of you though so I didn't stop but it was fun to see them.

    Have you seen the 'Stuff White People Like' blog? It's very funny. It's along the lines of this post and oddly written by a white guy. Check it out, you may like it.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just opened a blog that so assaulted me. I remembered this funny post and showed brian. We are laughing...hysterically. You are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top