Not a baby

A few more pictures of my baby, before he stops being my baby. (He thinks he already has.)



I love it when he is serious and thoughtful. He is very deliberate in what he decides to do---he thinks it over first.

A little cautious, like Abe was at this age.



A little silly, like Seb was at this age.



He loves to point and pat my tummy and say "Baby! Mommy's baby!" But my shirt has to be pulled up first (apparently there's no baby on top of the shirt). He pats his own bare tummy and says "baby" too. We can only hope he manages to be that pleased about it all when he's confronted with an actual baby. :)



He's so sunny and cheerful, most of the time. One of the happiest little guys I've ever met.
He still sucks those fingers sometimes. Usually while holding his birdie, or feeling the back of his hair, with his other hand.

Long eyelashes. When he was born I was sure he wouldn't have any eyelashes at all. His cheeks were simply too chubby to allow for them. But they have come in, gradually, and now they're dark and gorgeous.

That chubby arm!! And those chubby cheeks! I love them so much!

4 comments

  1. Mary feels her hair or my hair or anybody's hair while she sucks on her fingers, too. I love it. I love that she needs me for comfort like that.
    My favorite photo is the one where he's at the edge of the pool and his little belly is hanging over his swimsuit. I love baby bellies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn, when is the other baby due? I can't remember.

    Such cute boys. Such a sweet baby.

    Bryony

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to side with Malachi, but I think he's more of a very, very short little man than a baby. I wish he loved me so he'd cuddle with me. He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to catch up, M. So I'm going to put all my kid-picture comments here. Your shots are lovely, and you will treasure them forever. I know - I've spent 100s of hours in the last two years trying to get all these things digitized for my own kids. I know that seam between baby and little kid - and it's hard, especially when baby gets bumped up by a new baby. But yours is so beautiful. I think you're doing very well, hon. I wish I could have gotten Gin up there to see you - I'd have come, too - or did she come and not tell me, the rat? Maybe next time -

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top