Sight, touch, sound, and . . . taste?

08/08/08. I'll probably get an email from my brother Kenneth tomorrow, saying, "If anyone had contacted me yesterday on 08/08/08, I had a fabulous prize ready to send---too bad no one remembered." That's the sort of thing he's always doing.

If I could have a fabulous prize, perhaps I'd choose one of these lampshades (I really like them!):


And here are a few other interesting things I've run across:

This bathmat made of rocks. I think it would feel good on your feet.

Piano doorbell! Wow. I especially like this commentary:

Musical doorbells are annoying enough, but what if you gave your visitors the freedom to express themselves creatively? That's exactly what designer Li Jian had in mind when he came up with the Pianobell. Unless you are friends with a lot of talented musicians, I don't see much of an upside here.

And this. A bunny mixer. Maybe it's nerdy, but I just like it, I can't help it. I want to paint a little bunny face on my hand mixer now.

2 comments

  1. Wow. How did you find exactly what I'm going to get you for Christmas? The Rab Mixer, that is.
    P.S. I think this is something you need to see.
    http://bwiinjinom.blogspot.com/2008/08/awareness-test.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, exactly how creatively could you express yourself with all 5 piano keys? It reminds me of Willy Wonka's musical lock (the OLD Willy Wonka, naturally) where he plays a snippet of Mozarts "The Magic Flute" and Mrs. Teevee smugly says, "Rachmaninoff."

    That may well be the first time in my life I've used "snippet" in a sentence.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top