Birthday Festivities


We had a fun birthday with Sebboo. He chose Sebby Cake* for his cake, naturally, and it was delicious! We also went swimming:



Seb's present was this little washing machine I found on eBay. It's so cute, and you can actually put water in it and the drum spins, etc. (we haven't done that yet---I need to go buy C batteries), but Seb's been loving it just as is. He helped me do laundry yesterday, and today he's "making cookies" in it (I just heard him say, "Mmmm, the cookies are getting all nice and soapy!").



*UPDATE: I find it hard to believe I haven't put this recipe on here before, but I don't see that I have, so here it is.

Chocolate Sebby Cake
(We call it Sebby Cake because it sent me into labor with Sebastian.  And it's now his favorite cake.)

1 Devil’s food cake mix
1 pkg. chocolate pudding mix (either kind, cooked or instant)
4 large eggs
1 c. sour cream–(I use plain yogurt)
½ c. warm water
½ c. canola oil
1 to 1 ½ c. semisweet chocolate chips (mini chips work well, but regular are fine)

Mix all ingredients. Pour into sprayed bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes. After 10 minutes turn out of pan and drizzle immediately with frosting.

Frosting:
1 1/3 c. chocolate chips
2/3 c. evaporated milk

Combine chocolate chips and about 1/4 c. of milk in glass bowl; microwave on high for 1 min.; stir till smooth.  Then add rest of milk to reach desired consistency.

5 comments

  1. "Mmmm, the cookies are getting all nice and soapy!"

    Bwhahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Sebby! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a really fun slide. I wonder if I would fit... It reminds of that fingerplay, the one with the alligator snapping up the monkey. Appropriate for Sebby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a cool little washer! I've never seen anything like that. I'm in for the soapy cookies, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soapy cookies! Yum Yum! It was fun to read all of your recent entries. You have such fun times with your kids! I've been buried lately, but am slowly resurfacing and catching up on family blogs, etc.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top