Two months back in the middle of March

The last couple days it's been cold and miserable (even snowy).  Every year this last surge of winter catches me off-guard, even if I think I'm prepared for it.  Kenneth reminded us what Dad would say if he were here:
"The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day
When the sun is out and the wind is still,
You're one month on in the middle of May.
But if you so much as dare to speak, a cloud comes over the sunlit arch,
A wind comes off a frozen peak,
And you're two months back in the middle of March."

--from Robert Frost's "Two Tramps in Mud Time."
But before this we had a couple days that were warm but windy.  Warm enough to go outside and enjoy the Springtime (before it left us. Forever?).

What on earth is going on in this picture?

3 comments

  1. I ran past your house another day and thought of you. This one again off again weather is so disconcerting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I am with you! We had another wind/snow storm and power outage last night. I'm sure glad it's almost may, because it certainly feels like january! This too shall pass...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard that Frost quote before. . I love it. . .I can totally hear Mark reciting it. . . I need to add it to my repertoire!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top