Bark bark!

(fwuffball parade, last year)

The boys have been sick this week, one after another.  They sound like a bunch of barking seals.  Last night I heard Ky calling in a horrible scratchy voice.  He was burning hot and I could hear his breath rattling around in his chest.  "How are you feeling?" I said.  "I'm fine, tanks, Mommy," he rasped (always polite).  I gave him some medicine for his fever, and he croaked out, "Dat medicine is so so good, Mommy!  Now will you put me back in bed, because I am so so tired, pwease?"  He's so sweet, even when he's hurting.  I just want to cuddle him up and kiss him!

Later Sebby appeared like a ghost beside my bed.  Also hot.  Also rasping.  "I need a fwuffball, Mommy," he croaked, feverishly.

I gave it to him, of course.  I'm not a monster.

3 comments

  1. Oh, I'm so sad for your boys! I hope you all are feeling better soon! And I just adore that Ky. And the rest of them, now that I think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful they don't get croupy, Mar. If they sound too raspy, run the shower very, very hot and keep them in the bathroom - probably with few clothes on. We had to do that with Gin when she was little - and then dress them warmly and take them outside for a moment. It helps to open the airwaves. Not that you want to keep them in the cold. Odd how it worked. ANd a humidifier is really important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I've tried the hot shower trick. And the cold air. It's scariest with babies, but luckily I've never had one who is TOO bad.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top