Midsummer's Eve

We celebrated the first day of summer by going up into the canyon.  But isn't it also called Midsummer's Eve in some parts?  It does seem like the solstice should be in the middle of summer rather than the beginning.  But either way, we had a great time.  When we left at 9:50 p.m., it was still light enough to see our way along the path with no flashlights!  I love long summer evenings.
The boys called this fallen tree "Landscape Arch"  (which it really does resemble)

A little house

Flapper, yessir, one of those

So much green!!  Where are we, Pennsylvania?

Such beautiful, beautiful scenery. I feel so lucky to live here!

1 comment

  1. Will you please dress up Daisy as a flapper for Halloween? I sincerely hope she doesn't outgrow flapping by then--I'm totally in love with this idea. Of course, she's not my kid so I really have no say in the matter.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top