Why "Toy Story 3" made me cry

"Bo-dee is looking at the fire.  He can sit by me."


"Do you like the fire, bo-dee?"

"Watch out!  Here comes the boy!  This is the boy, Mommy.  And the bo-dee, who is a monster.  And he LOVES the boy."

"So, I'll tell you about the bo-dee.  He's not scared of things.  He's just a good, good, bo-dee.  He likes campfires, and he likes canyons.  He likes to hug me and sit by me.  Mommy, I LOVE bo-dee!"

"I'm kissing im.  Ee kisses me too."

"Ee's fwyyyying so fast!  He's the fastest bo-dee!"

("If there's smoke in your way, Mommy, you can just go like THIS! And fwap it away!")
"Now he's looking at you, Mommy.  He sees you!"

"Bo-dee is going on the train.  The train is going up the track!  A sign is coming up!  Vvvv . . . vvv.  It says . . . it's a small world after all, it's a small world, it's a small, small, wo-wold!  And remember to pwease watch your kids!"

"Bo-dee's not scared of it.  He likes it.  And I love him.  He's my bo-dee, Mommy.  I love him."

This sweet little Malachi.  I just can't stand the thought of him ever outgrowing his birdie.

3 comments

  1. Yep, that's why it made me cry too--well not because of Malachi, but Max and all his little stuffed friends. It'll break my heart when he's too big!

    I love that monkey shirt. We have one too, that Max is (of course now) too big for. BOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should have a bo-dee! Malachi is such a cutie . . . fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Malachi!!!!! Also, why haven't I thought of flapping away smoke? And how on earth do you manage to take your kids places? You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top