Filling our homes with good

This post is part of the General Conference Odyssey. This week covers the General Women's Session of the April 2015 Conference. 
I'm not sure why the women's session appears first in the conference archives for April 2015. Usually the Womens/YW sessions are last. But maybe this was the point where they started counting the Women's Session as part of Conference instead of…whatever they used to consider it. And maybe it took place before the week of the other sessions. Anyway, it means I read two women's sessions in a row, and that was fun!

I think my favorite talk from this session was by Sister Bonnie Oscarson (my friend!…at least, her daughter is my friend)…but the quote that stood out to me was from Sister Cheryl A. Esplin.
When filled with the Spirit and with gospel truth, we have the power to withstand the outside forces of the world that surround and push against us. However, if we are not filled spiritually, we don’t have the inner strength to resist the outside pressures and can collapse when forces push against us.
I just like this analogy. It’s like the parable Jesus told about the evil spirits that came in again to the empty house. I like the idea of proactively filling our homes with so much good, rather than just fearfully trying to keep bad things away.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top