Keep practicing

This post is part of the General Conference Odyssey. This week covers the Saturday Afternoon Session of the April 2015 Conference.
There are so many talks I love in this conference session! I just can't choose! And I also can't do justice to them by just talking about pieces of them. But I guess I will just share a few of the things I highlighted because they hit me in the right spot right now:
The peace Christ gives allows us to view mortality through the precious perspective of eternity and supplies a spiritual settledness that helps us maintain a consistent focus on our heavenly destination. Thus, we can be blessed to hush our fears because His doctrine provides purpose and direction in all aspects of our lives. His ordinances and covenants fortify and comfort in times both good and bad.
Elder Bednar, "Therefore they hushed their fears"
Each individual carries the divine image, but it is in the matrimonial union of male and female as one that we attain perhaps the most complete meaning of our having been made in the image of God—male and female.
Elder Christofferson, "Why Marriage, Why Family"
The dance steps of the gospel are the things we do; the music of the gospel is the joyful spiritual feeling that comes from the Holy Ghost.…If you’re not hearing the music of the gospel in your home, please remember these two words: keep practicing. With God’s help, the day will come when the music of the gospel will fill your home with unspeakable joy.
Elder Wilford W. Andersen, "The Music of the Gospel"
As God encourages us to keep on trying, He expects us to also allow others the space to do the same, at their own pace. 
[This talk also has the story of the missionary who is told by the Lord about his slacker companion, "You know, compared to me, the two of you aren’t all that different.” I have probably had that phrase come to my mind about a hundred times in the years since I first heard this talk…maybe more! I think about it all the time.]
Elder Renlund, "Latter-day Saints Keep on Trying"
In a world where praise, position, power, accolades, and authority are sought on every side, I honor those wonderful and blessed souls who are truly good and without guile, those who are motivated by a love of God and their neighbors, those great women and men who are “more anxious to serve than to have dominion.”
Elder Michael T. Ringwood, "Truly Good and Without Guile"

All of these talks are so good and any one of them would be well worth a re-read!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top